A service to help parents become more effective in managing their children's behaviour.
The Parent Support service works with hard to reach parents of school aged children up to 18 years who are involved in:
- antisocial behaviour
- criminal activity
- truancy (only if in combination with one or both of the above behaviours).
What will Parent Support do?
A Parent Support Worker will work with parents in the home for up to six months to help them regain control of their child’s behaviour.
This may include:
- working with parents to improve their relationship with their child
- supporting parents to increase their parenting skills and confidence
- providing ideas of new ways for parents to communicate with their child
- helping parents to learn new discipline techniques
- working with the child (if appropriate) to ensure that they behave appropriately and attend school regularly.
For more information, please see the Parent Support brochures:
Information for parents - brochure
Information for referrers - brochure or A4 reference poster