Header Image
 Children and Young People Complaints

Are you safe?

If you are in danger, call the police on 000.

If you are safe, but need to talk to someone...

  • after 5:00pm on school days or the weekend, call Crisis Care – they are there to help you - 1800 199 008.
  • during school days, call the Complaints Management Unit on 1800 333 325

You won’t get in trouble for making a complaint. You will be taken seriously.
Your views are important and we are here to help. 

What is a complaint?

Making a complaint is a way to tell us you are unhappy or worried about something we have done, and you want it fixed or explained to you. You can make a complaint about anything; we want to help. The complaints team will always make sure your rights are respected and your views heard. If we can’t change something for you, we can tell you how to get the problem looked at again.

Complaints FAQ

Make a complaint

You can talk to us about your complaint and the ways to fix the problem.

  • Phone: 1800 333 325 Mon–Fri or leave a message and we can call you back.
  • Online:  We will call you when we receive your complaint.
  • In person: Call or drop into any  metro or country Communities office to make an appointment. We can find a time that suits you.
  • myView App for children and young people in care makes it easy for you to tell us about your complaint and we will contact you.
  • By mail : You can download the complaints form and post it to:
    Locked Bag 5000

You will be taken seriously

What will happen?

We will talk with you and decide together the best way to have your complaint fixed, who will work on your complaint and how long it will take.

Who can help?

You can ask anyone you trust to make a complaint for you or help you to make your complaint.

Find out about the Advocate for Children in Care   or   Email the Advocate for advice
Interpreter service 
Kids Help Line

 Charter of rights for children and young people in care:




 0-6 years

 7-12 years

 13-18 years

Your views are important and we are here to help you!


  Become a Foster Carer


| | Accessibility | Self Service | Staff Email | Contact Us | Other Languages Other Languages