PROVISIONS AND APPLICATION STEPS FOR SOCIAL WORK STUDENTS
The Department for Child Protection is Western Australia’s largest single provider of field placements for students undertaking a Social Work degree. Preference is given to social work students at Western Australian universities. Social work students from other Australian or overseas universities can also apply.
The Department will provide:
- A social work supervisor.
- An induction program.
- Experience in fields such as child and family welfare, family support, and child protection.
- Seminars on skill development on a range of topics.
- Contact the Field Work Coordinator in the social work program at your university.
- They will then contact the Department’s Coordinator of Social Work Student Placements at LDC.
- All requests for placement must be received through the Coordinator – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.