Header Image
 State Concession Card


What is the State Concession Card?
The State Concession Card is provided to specific Veterans Affairs pensioners, who are not eligible for the Commonwealth Pensioner Concession card, so that those individuals can receive up to 50% rebate on Local Government rates and Water Corporation, sewerage and drainage rates. 

What are the eligibility criteria for the Card?
The following categories of eligible pensioner are issued the State Concession Card without means test:

  • Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Pensioners (TPI)
  • Extreme Disablement Allowance (EDA)
  • Blinded War Pensioners
  • Tuberculosis sufferers (as determined by Veterans Affairs).

The following categories of eligible pensioner are issued the State Concession Card after satisfying a means test:

  • A widow/widower – a person who was legally married to, or was in a de facto relationship with, an Australian veteran immediately before the veteran’s death and has not since remarried, married or entered into a de facto relationship with another person.

The card is issued to eligible person/s owning or having a relevant interest in the residential property which they occupy. The concession will only be applied to the owner occupied dwelling.

Where can I find out about my eligibility?
For more information about War Widows’/Widowers’ Pension eligibility please contact the Department of Veteran Affairs on 133 354 or free call 1800 555 254. Fact sheets are available from DVA offices, and on the DVA website at www.dva.gov.au.

Where can I get an application for the State Concession Card?
Telephone the Department of Communities' Client Support Services on (08) 6217 6888 or 1800 176 888.

  Become a Foster Carer
You won't always see where they go. But you can help them get there. Become a foster carer. 1800 024 453
| | Accessibility | Self Service | Staff Email | Contact Us | Other Languages Other Languages