- Insurance and risk management
- Criminal Record Screening Checks and Working with Children Checks
- Internet usage
- Managing your finances
- Occupational Safety and Health
Insurance and risk management
Insurance and risk management information is available on the Insurance Commission of WA website.
Criminal Record Screening and Working with Children Checks
Service Providers will ensure criminal record screening of employees and volunteers occurs appropriate to their roles and responsibilities in the service and to the service’s customers.
Go to the Working with Children check website for more information.
Service providers are required to:
- Comply with the Working with Children (Criminal Record Screening) Act 2004.
- Conduct criminal record checks for employees and volunteers in accordance with Clause 3.7(i) of the General Provisions (Indexation Version) of the Service Agreement.
Refer to the Department of Communities website.
The internet can be a great tool to support your work, through information, research and services. However, best practice for organisations should include a documented and publicised internet policy which is clear about what consists acceptable and unacceptable use.
When preparing your agency's internet policy, you may wish to use the following subheadings as a guide:
- Overall position statement (on internet usage).
- Usage principles (e.g. must be legal, ethical and responsible).
- Monitoring (How will usage be monitored and what will happen if inappropriate use is discovered?).
- Acceptable use (e.g. associated with job responsibilities for the benefit of the agency, some limited and reasonable personal use if acceptable to your agency).
- Unacceptable use (e.g. accessing web sites hosting pornography, paedophilia, racist or other antisocial or unlawful materials).
- User responsibilities (e.g. understand and accept agency’s internet policy, not accessing prohibited material, protecting privacy of individuals, reporting breaches).
- Policy breaches (what will happen e.g. reported to management and to whom. Disciplinary action may be taken).
Managing your finances
Refer to the Department's web page "Managing finances".
Occupational Safety and Health
Refer to the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984.